• Only the axles and wheels supplied with your Pinewood Derby kit may be used!
In the event one or the other is damaged while you and your son are assembling the car, spares can be purchased the Scout Shop and most hobby shops. Use only the “stock” Pinewood Derby wheels and axles.
All 4 wheels must be in contact with the surface of the track.
• Cars will be DISQUALIFIED if alternate wheels/axles are used!
• Wheels in the Kit must be used!
• Absolutely no lubricant other than hobby-type dry graphite powders may be used. (This lubricant is available at all Scout and hobby shops.)
• No hubcaps, bushings, bearings, springs, etc. may be used. The standard wheels and axles must be clearly visible to enable visual inspection.
• The wheels and axles may be “turned” and “polished” (on a drill for example) to improve their finish only.
Wheels whose geometry has been altered (made narrower for example) will not be permitted.
The wheels cannot be intentionally “rounded”, and an effort must be made to keep the full width of each wheel in contact with the track surface.